15 Apr 2011

it's too bloody hard

 
"Croissants are a pain in the bum to do...The best suggestion I could make about Croissants is to buy them from your baker; don't try to make them yourself. If it's too bloody hard, it's too bloody hard."
Tom O'Toole (founder of Beechworth Bakery) via MORE Secrets of the Beechworth Bakery

Perhaps I should have listened to Tom's advice before venturing out to make my own using a recipe found in Bourke Street Bakery's cookbook. Making it was pretty tiring as it does take a lot of time and effort to get to the finished result. From the hand kneading, 1/2 kilo butter bashing to all the rolling! No recipe posting as I think that most people wouldn't be interested in making their own. Like Tom said, just buy them from your baker!

My parents ought to be worried that I'd rather make croissants rather than study for university...well for that weekend anyway :)

***

Photos taken on the Nikon D5000, cross processed on instagr.am