Came home through Doodie's "car pool" (THANKS FOR THE LIFT!) and decided to make some pasta with the roast chicken I bought after school yesterday.
The recipe itself is pretty versatile. You can make a white sauce, cheese sauce or use bottled pasta sauce instead of creamed corn and you can add whatever ingredient you want providing the flavour matches of course. You don't want to be putting gummy bears (or maybe you do) inside would you? And you can add more or less of a specific ingredient. Depends on what you feel like.
roast chicken pasta bake
original recipe by me
200 degrees Celsius
serves 2 - 4
- 150 grams dried pasta
- 1/2 large carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 cup of grated pizza cheese + extra for topping
- 3/4 can cream of corn
- 1/4 roast chicken, deboned and shredded
- salt, pepper, chicken stock powder
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the packet.
Add julienned carrots and peas in the last 4 minutes of the pasta's cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables when the pasta is cooked. Transfer to a mixing bowl and immediately stir in the cheese, cream of corn and roast chicken.
- Season with salt, pepper and chicken stock powder and stir thoroughly.
- Spread out the pasta into a baking dish and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and golden.