3 Apr 2009

baked tuna pasta

AHAHAHA, the school holidays officially start today. YAY!!! When I came home I went to the kitchen straight away. Started to boil water to make an "おんせん卵" (onsen tamago - hot spring egg) and a pasta bake for dinner. I didn't take a picture of the egg since I was hungry and ate it when it was done. HAHAHA~ Well the recipe for bake tuna pasta is below. Enjoy!

P.S The baking dish is not completely filled because my oven broke down temporarily so I had to microwave that part T_T. Luckily the oven worked again! ^_______^ Baking the pasta is WAY better than the microwaved version!

***

baked tuna pasta


ingredients:
serves 2-4
  • 150 grams dried pasta (I used the corkscrew type)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp chicken powder (optional)
  • 3/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables, washed and drained
  • 185 grams can of spring water tuna, drained (other flavours can be used too)
  • 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese + extra for topping
  • 3/4 can cream of corn
  • salt and pepper (optional for seasoning)

oven:
175 degrees Celsius
fan forced

method:

  1. Fill a saucepan 3/4 way with cold water. Bring to a boil.
  2. While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the other ingredients.
  3. When water boils, add the salt, chicken powder and pasta.
  4. Boil pasta for at least 12 minutes or until al-dente.
  5. In the last 2 minutes, add in the mixed vegetables.
  6. Drain the water off. Put the pasta and vegetables into a medium sized mixing bowl.
  7. Stir tuna, cheese, creamed corn and seasoning into the pasta.
  8. Put the pasta into a large baking dish. Sprinkle a layer of grated cheese on top.
  9. Bake for about 20 minutes on the bottom shelf.

***

I didn't add salt and pepper to my pasta bake because I forgot. But the taste turned out all right, the cheese and creamed corn gave it's flavour. But my mum suggested I put seasoning in it next time.

I wonder how my friend's baked pasta turned out. We kinda exchanged advice and he says he's not adding in cream corn because it's disgusting, instead he'll be using carbonara or white sauce. He's substituting tuna with chicken and avocado and he's not adding that much cheese because he's on a diet.

Well, I think the creamed corn tasted good with pasta. :) We'll just have to see because I hate avocado.